Spider gasket - I think

dockramer

LifeTime Supporter
May 18, 2009
Frustrating situation - inexperienced

I have a Hayward Sand Filter S-244T with a Hayward SP 711 Vari-flo valve. Since opening the pool, I am losing water when filtering. My system does not allow me to see if there is flow through the waste line when I'm filtering. Last week, I took off the top of the multi-port and inspected the spider gasket which looked ok to me. I replaced the top and have continued to lose water. The system seems stable when the filter is set to recirc.

Questions - Should I replace the spider gasket even though it looks ok? Could it be that I just need to lubricate the gasket to create a seal? Am I missing something else?

Thanks in advance for guidance

It's hard to know. I don't have a clear section of the waste line. There is a small glass bottle attached to the base of the multi port valve near the waste line but I can't tell if there is water flowing through it. I guess I should remove that bottle when filtering to see if there is flow into it. (duh)

Well - I checked and lubricated the spider gasket. The filter drain cap was a little looose and leaking a little bit. The system is filtering without losing water through the waste line. Hopefully, problem solved. Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.