0 Volts on New PooPilot Digital

jakwo

Jun 3, 2010
I installed a new poolpilot digital (with SC-48 cell) on a 35,000 gallon inground pool yesterday and have been operating it continually since at 50%. When I run the test poolpilot the cell voltage indicates 0v and 5.0 amps. What would cause the voltage to read 0. Could I possibly have a defective unit. My pool parameters are as follows:

FC-5.0
CC-0.0
pH-7.5
TA-140
CH-240
CYA-60
Salt-2900
Temp-84

I put it in the boost mode for about 30 minutes and ran the test again, but still get 0v. Any input would be appreciated.

0 volts can happen when the cell is not currently turned on. To get a meaningful number either wait till the cell is definitely on or: press boost to turn on the cell for sure, wait a few minutes for the voltage to ramp up, then do the test pool pilot to get volts and amps, then turn off boost.

Jason, he mentions that he's running BOOST for 30 minutes before running the test mode and still getting 0 volts. This is usually due to the programming. If you set the system for REMOTE RUNS PUMP, it's looking for a signal from an electronic control system.

To verify this, go into the INSTALLER MENU, and see what the SET RELAY setting is.
If you have an electronic control system, such as an Intellitouch, AquaLink, or similar system, this should be set for EXTERNAL TIMER or RELAY NOT USED.
If you're using the relay in the DIGITAL unit to run your pump on and off, it should be set of ONE SPEED PUMP or TWO SPEED PUMP.

I have a mechanical timer for the pump with the poolpilot hooked to the load side and have it set for external timer. I checked again this morning and it is still registering 0v and 5 amps. So at this point I don't know whether the cell is actually working or not. Kind of odd to have amperage with no voltage.

I spoke with Paul at your company. He was very pleasant and helpful, but we could not correct the problem. He is now trying to contact a dealer to come and inspect the control unit. It is definitely making chlorine as I had added chlorine to 5 ppm prior to starting the SWG. Now three days later my chlorine level is at 6 ppm. I reduced the on time from 50% to 35% to see how that will work in the meantime. Hopefully the dealer will be able to schedule something fairly quickly to diagnosis and correct the issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.