Updated pics on Pool / Cabana

sredish

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 3, 2007
North of Dallas
Here are some pics of the cabana under construction. We'll be putting a red metal roof on the top this week. We will be putting 4 8"x8" posts out front, 2 in the corner and the other 2 about a foot in from them and they'll be delivered today. The exterior walls will be stucco'ed a cedar color with a rough texture. The interior walls will have a smooth stucco finish in a tan color to match the deck. Cabinets and countertops will added soon as well and it'll have a full kitchen and all the appliances are here but we still have to pick out the grill. The door on the left side is to a bathroom. The door on the inside leads to the pool equipment, panels and storage.

I have four Boston Acoustic Voyager 7's coming; 2 will go in the cabana up in the corners and the other two across the pool on the fence, and two subs will used as well.

IMG_2662.JPG

IMG_2663.JPG

IMG_2665.JPG

IMG_2667.JPG

IMG_2668.JPG

Here are the posts we're using.

RCPC-A_02.gif

and we'll be putting two of these up in the pool-side gable for aesthetics...

BR1236006.jpg

Very nice. I like the cabana very much. This is something I wanted to do but had no space to do it. An outside bathroom is the best thing you can do so that people do not have to go in to the main house, or worst do it in the pool :rant:

thanks guys. i'm going to get a surfboard to put up in near the peak on the back wall, and try to decorate it like a beachy resort some. we've picked out a really vivid blue countertop tile to use and want the cabinets to be a bright color. the outside of the bar (the part visible from the pool) will be tiled also.

thanks you two. I own a construction company and our specialty is rustic design... I'm wanting the cabana to have a rustic look but still nice. We like to use a lot of wood, cedar especially.

We can not wait for it to be done... and nothing left to do but enjoy it....

Nice building! I had a quick question, did you poor footing for the columns? from the picture it looks like they are just sitting on top of your stone deck (which, incidently looks real nice!)

ROBLOREN said:
Nice building! I had a quick question, did you poor footing for the columns? from the picture it looks like they are just sitting on top of your stone deck (which, incidently looks real nice!)

no footings for the posts. i have some simpson plate brackets that'll screw down into the concrete and hold the columns in place, keep them from lifting. just waiting on the posts to get here.

Nice finish detail for the cabana, can't wait to see it when it is done. What stain/sealant are you using for your exposed beam & tongue/groove or channel rustic ceiling? The color contrast looks great, are the beams pine and ceiling is cedar???

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.