Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Updated pics on Pool / Cabana

1. Back To Top    #1

Updated pics on Pool / Cabana

Here are some pics of the cabana under construction. We'll be putting a red metal roof on the top this week. We will be putting 4 8"x8" posts out front, 2 in the corner and the other 2 about a foot in from them and they'll be delivered today. The exterior walls will be stucco'ed a cedar color with a rough texture. The interior walls will have a smooth stucco finish in a tan color to match the deck. Cabinets and countertops will added soon as well and it'll have a full kitchen and all the appliances are here but we still have to pick out the grill. The door on the left side is to a bathroom. The door on the inside leads to the pool equipment, panels and storage.

I have four Boston Acoustic Voyager 7's coming; 2 will go in the cabana up in the corners and the other two across the pool on the fence, and two subs will used as well.

Here are the posts we're using.

and we'll be putting two of these up in the pool-side gable for aesthetics...

My Pool - 18x24 fully setup Cabana, 22x48 gunite/quartz plaster (3-5-3 depth) & 8' spa w/ spill and 5' natural rock waterfall; Hayward DE filter/pumps/heater; Hayward Pro Logic controller; Phantom cleaner. Finished 06/01/07.

RedishConstruction.com

2. Back To Top    #2
    Very nice. I like the cabana very much. This is something I wanted to do but had no space to do it. An outside bathroom is the best thing you can do so that people do not have to go in to the main house, or worst do it in the pool
    -Rick
    ~15k Gal IG
    Gunite/White plaster
    AquaLogic PS-8 w/SWG

3. Back To Top    #3
    SPECTACULAR! I really love the vaulted ceiling!
    11,000 gal. gunite w/midnight blue and white pearl PebbleTec
    Intelliflo 4x160 pump
    Intellichlor IC-20 SWG
    Pentair cartridge filter 420 sq. ft.
    Mastertemp 400K BTU heater
    Legend Platinum cleaner
    Pool School
    JasonLion's Pool Calculator
    TF Test Kits

4. Back To Top    #4

thanks guys. i'm going to get a surfboard to put up in near the peak on the back wall, and try to decorate it like a beachy resort some. we've picked out a really vivid blue countertop tile to use and want the cabinets to be a bright color. the outside of the bar (the part visible from the pool) will be tiled also.
    My Pool - 18x24 fully setup Cabana, 22x48 gunite/quartz plaster (3-5-3 depth) & 8' spa w/ spill and 5' natural rock waterfall; Hayward DE filter/pumps/heater; Hayward Pro Logic controller; Phantom cleaner. Finished 06/01/07.

RedishConstruction.com

5. Back To Top    #5
    You do really nice work! I can't wait to see the finished product. Thanks for sharing.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

6. Back To Top    #6

That looks awesome! I agree with Sean, I can't wait to see the finished product!!
    My pool works thanks to TFP

Please support the site! pages/supporters/

It's cheaper than your first trip to the pool store!

7. Back To Top    #7

thanks you two. I own a construction company and our specialty is rustic design... I'm wanting the cabana to have a rustic look but still nice. We like to use a lot of wood, cedar especially.

We can not wait for it to be done... and nothing left to do but enjoy it....

RedishConstruction.com

8. Back To Top    #8
    Nice building! I had a quick question, did you poor footing for the columns? from the picture it looks like they are just sitting on top of your stone deck (which, incidently looks real nice!)
    Rob

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by ROBLOREN
    Nice building! I had a quick question, did you poor footing for the columns? from the picture it looks like they are just sitting on top of your stone deck (which, incidently looks real nice!)
    no footings for the posts. i have some simpson plate brackets that'll screw down into the concrete and hold the columns in place, keep them from lifting. just waiting on the posts to get here.

RedishConstruction.com

10. Back To Top    #10
    Nice finish detail for the cabana, can't wait to see it when it is done. What stain/sealant are you using for your exposed beam & tongue/groove or channel rustic ceiling? The color contrast looks great, are the beams pine and ceiling is cedar???
    1980's Shasta built 30,000 gal inground diving pool. Pebble-tec interior. Pentair DE Filter. In ground pop-ups. Hayward Navigator sweeper.