Straps for solar heater?

Mar 17, 2010
Kansas
We bought our solar heater panels used, so we don't have any straps or fasteners. Can you use materials from Home Depot/hardware store for straps or should I break down and go to the pool store? I wandered around HD but didn't find anything promising, but didn't know for sure what I was looking for.
Thanks!

The straps for my panels is aluminum covered plastic. Much more rugged than anything else you are likely to find at a home center. You can buy the strap and butterfly brackets Here

Bama Rambler said:
The plastic pipe strapping should work for that. They also have some large pipe hangers that would hold the headers in place.
Are you mounting them to the roof or a rack?

They are on a rack. I'll look for the pipe strapping at HD the next time I am there. I'm making at least a trip a day getting everything hooked up. The husband is shaking his head at my "projects"!
Thanks

We also use strap webbing (like for ratchet strap tie downs) which we bought at Lowes - they sell by the foot

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.