Reagent Question

In Taylor numbers, DPD #3 is R-0003, while the OTO reagent is {EDIT}R-0600{/EDIT}. They are completely different products, both with a yellow cap.

Last season, WalMart was carrying a kit made by HTH, which actually contains reagents made by Taylor. But they use cheaper versions of the reagents, not the exact same ones used in the TFTestKits kits, or the Taylor branded kits. WalMart does change suppliers now and then. They are very price sensitive and look for the best deal they can get. I haven't checked who they are using this year. The kit they carried before the HTH kit contained reagents made by someone else.

skydiva44 said:
Thanks Bama,FPM and Jason....off to the pool store I go! But that's ALL I am getting is reagent.... :-D

Just walk in there and tell them what you need. That is how I do it and they never try to sell me anything. I think the reason being is it seems I know what I need so they dont bother.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.