Shocking and Filling!

graffster

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 19, 2008
Hi! It's been a while since I've been here, but a green pool will send you back everytime!!

I'm in the middle of 'shocking'. My water level is getting low. Everyday, it's been looking like we're going to get a big douse of rain, so I haven't added any water. (In my experience, adding water from my tap only means a DELUGE from the sky!!) But we've not gotten any.

My water is now at the bottom of the tile line. Do I need to wait until I'm back in balance? (Done shocking??) What if we DO get the big rains? Keep testing a shocking? When SHOULD I add?

Thanks...
Kathy

I wouldn't worry about the rain - you can't control what might happen, only deal with it if it does...
Go ahead and make sure the water level is where it should be and begin the process... even if it rains that shouldn't affect anything too much - it would have to be inches and inches for it to affect the chemistry.

Alright...I'm going to go flip the switch right now. (Look out SW Fla, here comes the rain!!) I just didn't know how much my adding water would affect my Cl numbers as I test and shock.

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.