It has begun .... 27' Round AGP - Updated 6/8/2010 with PICS

GCS

Jul 28, 2008
It's official now the installer showed this AM, currently tearing up the yard with Bobcat!! Below is a basic timeline of events.

Setup:

27' Round AGP - Artesian Sandstone model (according to research it is made by Lomart)
Widemouth skimmer
Beaded patterned liner from my installer
Hayward S244T
Hayward 1HP Matrix 2 speed pump
Glycerin gauge for the 244T
Jandy Neverlube Valves
50 Foot run of 2" Schedule 40 PVC from filter to pool buried 18" deep in the ground
Compupool CPSC36 -- not arrived yet

Solar cover - still to purchase
Winter cover - need a new one as the one we got with the setup has a few holes in it but it may have to do for this year

Timeline:

Tuesday 5/25/2010 - Purchased a used Lomart (mfg) 27' x 52" Round AGP with everything but needed a new liner and ladder, off of craigslist.

Thursday 5/27/2010 - Nice family came and took my old Intex 18' round pool - she got it for free from Craigslist

Sat 5/29/2010 - Me and 3 guys spent most of the day digging and 18" deep 50 foot L shaped trench. Suction and return lines of 2" Sch 40 PVC were run and glued together. Old metal shed emptied, floor cut out and a 36"x24" "snow feet" concrete pad was laid down on the ground for equipment. Hours worked 8am - 7pm. Weather hot and sunny about 95 degrees all day.

Mon 5/31/2010 - Rented a trench digger and dug a 12" deep 100 foot trench for electrical. Ran it in conduit to be safe and installed new breaker in panel in the house. Still need to install and outside cut off box at the pump and install receptacle.

Wed 6/2/2010 - New Hayward S244T and 1HP Matrix 2 speed pump arrived and were set in place on equipment pad. All used pool items moved to backyard near pool site to facilitate install.

Thurs 6/3/2010 - Installer arrived on time, went over details with him and got talked into my first upgrade/change (Decided to go with a beaded liner and receiver vs the overlap I bought already -- crosses fingers for returnability. He did sell it to me at cost so I did not spend anymore money than I would have if I had gotten these items online). Installer commented on how much research I had done (thanks TFP!!) and the work I did for the electrical and plumbing. He stated no homeowner has ever done the amount of work I did and research that he has dealt with in his 20 years of doing this (thanks again TFP!!). Bobcat is tearing it up as I type this (boy that looks like fun, wish I could get a spin in that little guy!).

Downer note for today is that all he plans to do today is clear/level the area, place sand and footer blocks. Framework, liner, and top pieces will all be done tomorrow -- weather permitting. He reason for this is he cleared his schedule for today and tomorrow to make sure he could take the time to do this right (I postponed my install a few days to let him do other jobs). He seems pretty cool and definitely knows his stuff. He also is getting the filter sand I need for my S244T for $8/bag which is great as the local pool shops wanted $19.95 a bag although I did manage to find a place that had it for $13 a bag when I called around this AM.

6/4/2010 - No pool activity as we had tons of rain and I have nothing but a mud pit.

6/5/2010 - No pool activity again still too muddy. However I did spend about 12 hours busting my butt working on a 15 foot by 4 foot paver pathway from our deck to our pool. Unfortunately we did not get the chance to finish after working so hard as we got hit with a massive thunderstorm around 6pm. Even worse was the rain was so hard it washed away a bunch of the sand in path so I have to redo it now ... ARRGGGHHH!!

6/6/2010 - Pool guy does not work on Sundays. Pathway cannot be done as it is a muddy moat of Crud right now. That's ok for today as I am so sore I can barely walk. Another time.

6/7/2010 - No work for today either still way too muddy. We are hoping for tomorrow as it is supposed to rain the rest of the week!!

6/8/2010 - TODAY IS IS IT :party: !! Pool guy is there and working. Everything has been releveled (again) and the bottom track is down, wall is in place and positioned. Saw something interesting that they did with the wall (hadn't read about it on here but it is probably on here) as they rolled out the wall into the track they "pinned" big clamps to the top of it and ran a string to a staked they put into the ground. Kept the wall up perfectly straight. Very simple thing but worked like a charm -- I never would have thought of that.

No idea where they are now as I had to get to work. Hopefully when I get home tonight it will all be up and done and starting to fill -- Thank goodness!!!!

6/9/2010 - Well as you can see below pool is all in and in place. It is about 2/3 full and the installer will be back out to today to install the skimmer and return and connect to the pipes I have already run. I'll need to get off my butt and get the electrical finished (just need to install the cutoff box and receptacle) so we can get it powered up in tomorrow I hope so I guess I need to do that tonight assuming the rain can hold off for me tonight (crosses fingers).

Overall it looks super considering it was a used pool (with a lot of new stuff added -- new liner, new filter & pump, new coving, new Biltmor ladder (not pictured)). I am pretty pleased with how it looks and according to the wife the kids were blown away when they saw it yesterday when they got home from school. They had seen the circle we painted on the ground but until it went in they didn't quite have a concept as to how big it was going to be. Wish I could have been home to see their reaction, oh well. The wife's comment was "That's a Big Dang Pool" LOL!

Anyway we should be up and running tomorrow and then hopefully my SWG will be here soon and I can get that installed quickly as well.

I do have a bunch more pics to add but it doesn't want to accept them for some reason .. I need to figure that out.

Anyway I will post updates as I have them and hope to get a few pics of the install as it goes. They will have to wait until I get home so I am not sure how "exciting" they will be (i.e. no action shots, LOL).

Thanks

Greg

EDIT -- Yes I know I need to get some pics. I do have some at home of the initial work I have done and the installer.

First Pic -- wife just sent it to me, it's up and filling with water. You can see my handy, dandy trench work in this shot too LOL!

p1050187f.jpg

P1050185.JPG

Re: It has begun .... 27' Round AGP - 6/3/2010

Yeah I hate not being there!!

Nice pool and better deck. I assume that is artificial decking (looks like it) and aluminum hand rails?

Greg

Would love to redo our deck that way as well -- one day perhaps. Right now everything we have went into this pool (so much for it being cheap LOL!)

Greg

Well nothing to report .. or pics for that matter as right after they left from leveling the ground we got massive amounts of rain for the rest of the day/night.

I woke up this AM to a huge mudbowl - yippee.

Suffice to say we are in the wait mode until it dries up and hopefully no more rain.

Shooting for Monday but we are do for more big thunderstorms the next 3 days. Mother Nature just isn't cooperating with us!!

Greg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.