Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Rainbow 320 - Let's say you don't want to use it for a while

1. Back To Top    #1

Rainbow 320 - Let's say you don't want to use it for a while

My thread on tablets raising CYA levels has me thinking...

Let's say that I want to minimize or temporarily not use the Rainbow 320. Obviously, I stop adding tablets to it or simply reduce the tablets. But when I'm running it empty (no tablets), is it best to just leave the flow valve all the way open? Just checking...
    TFP SUPPORTER through TFTestKits.com - My Pool: South Florida, 11K gallons, In ground, concrete / Diamond Brite, Free Form with attached spa (no heater- go figure) Built around 1998, original surface, Jacuzzi Magnum Force 1.5HP pump, Jacuzzi Cartridge Filter, Rainbow 320 Tablet Feeder, Hayward Navigator Pro, Taylor K-2006 w/ TFTestKits replacemeng Reagents.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Rainbow 320 - Let's say you don't want to use it for a while

If there aren't any tablets in it, it doesn't matter where you set the flow valve. It is also alright to leave tablets in it, and turn the flow valve to zero.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School