daily fc usage

May 21, 2010
I think I may be using to much fc through the day.

Here are my numbers last night.

Fc 8.5
Cc.5
Ph. 7.6 to 7.8 usually
Ta 120
Cya 40.

These my numbers have been pretty consistent every night. Did drop test just stortly after sun up and fc was 8.0. That should be good but Everytime I check at midnight when I get off work its been 1.5 to 3. Should I be using this much. Pool gets no shade all day and have had. Several kids playing at night but only for 2 to 3 hour

Sunlight alone is going to use up around 5 ppm when starting from 8.5 with CYA at 40 (though this will vary somewhat from pool to pool). Plus, several kids for 2 to 3 hours will also use up a noticeable amount of chlorine. So, your results seem plausible even without any algae involved.

Ok may try that. Not a option for swg. It's a easy set pool and I haven't heard very good things about there swg systems. Not to mention one more thing to mess with. And I just got this stiff down. Lol. I'm going out of town for a week and plan on getting a floated. So the pucks should raise cya some.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The intex pumps/filters get bad reviews but the SWG units are actually pretty good for the money (the newest additions with the copper ionizer are what you call messing with a good thing and making it worse....) but if you can find the kind without the ionizer I'd go for it.

I may try it next year. Its not that big of a deal to add the bleach. I pay 2.54 for a 1.42 gal jug of walmart bleach. it last about a week and ive got it all balanced so I dont want to start over persay. But It sounds like a great idea for next year.

ok got home tonight at FC was at 1. i added enough stabalizer to get it to 60. Floating in sock right now in front of return jet. Hopefully this will make it better. If it still losing alot a couple days later Im going to up cya to 80 if you all think that would be ok. My pool never sees shade except at night.

Give yourself some time with CYA at 60 to get used to it as see how it is. You can take CYA up as high as 80, but there start being significant disadvantages. With CYA at 80, if you ever got algae it would take a huge amount of chlorine to get rid of the algae.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.