Jacksonville, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Received my new Pentair Intellibrite Light controller model # 600054 to replace my manual light switch, however I cannot get it to work. There are 3 wires, a black (hot) , a white (neutral) and a red wire wire which from what I can tell is used to connect to the optional transformer for the landscape lights. My light is 120v. When I connect it the green light switch illuminates when turned on and the light for the recall and hold switches illuminate, however the pool light does not turn on. After fiddling and double checking I still could not get it to work so I put in my regular wall switch.
This seems very simple to wire, I am thinking that I do not know how to use the switch.
Can someone out there who has experience installing this switch please tell me how to connect this switch and the correct sequence to turn on the light :(

I am by no means an electrical expert or anything, but I know for my light, it takes a good minute to 'warm up' and to show in my pool. Mine is a fibre optic light, not sure of the brand. Could that be your case? I also know that once I shut it off, I am supposed to wait 5 minutes before I turn it back on to allow it to reset itself. Just a thought.

And again, I am no expert, I shock myself plugging in the toaster.... :hammer:

White, black, and ground on the controller should connect to white, black, and ground coming from the circuit breaker. Then, white and ground from the light should also connect to white and ground from the circuit breaker, but black from the light should connect to red from the controller.

There is a drawing on page 6 of the manual that shows the correct connections. The only thing to keep in mind is that they assume that black from the light is connected to red in the junction box, and then red connects to red at the controller. In many installs, black from the light will connect to black at the junction box, which still needs to go to red at the controller.

Since you have a 115 volt light, ignore the comments about the 12 vac transformer.

I spoke to the Pentair Tech support and the person on the other end did not even know that they made a separate controller. After she found it in the catalog she had to talk with her supervisor. She informed me that I did not give it enough time for the light to come on and that I should give it at least one minute after turning the switch on. Has anyone ever heard of this?

Thanks to all for your help. I eliminated the first switch and ran an extra wire which I connected the red wire behind the controller to the black wire of the pool light. Tripped the GFCI and the power to the controller went off. I am very pleased with this controller and now can fully utilize all the light colors and light shows with the push of a button.

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Right, that is what I was trying to say. Connect black coming from the light to the red wire from the controller.

Thanks Jason, I understand this is an old post and I most likely just don't fully understand electrical wiring. Could you please clarify for me.

My pool light is powered directly from the main circuit breaker. From the pool junction box, my pool light switch wire runs to a house switch housing that has two light switches and the pool light switch. The pool light wire has three wires, black, white, and ground.

My Pentair Intellibright switch has three wires, black, white, and red.

How should I make this connection?

Controller to pool wire:

White to White
Red to Black
Black to ?

Hopefully I made this as clear as possible.

Henry

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.