I've been shocking for the past two days. I had a small area of green algae growing near the steps. Otherwise water is clean and clear. I brought the FC up to shock level (16) and have been trying to hold it there by adding bleach every few hours... Seems to be pretty difficult to hold the FC up though. Even after a half hour or so, it seems to drop down to about 10.
My most recent test numbers are;
CYA = 50
So my question is, if my CC is "0", is it OK to stop now or should I continue adding bleach??
I'm planning on taking a reading tonight and then another early in the morning to measure my FC drop, but if the CC is at 0, is it even necessary at this point? Guess I'm confused about how long this can go on. I've used about 18 -96 oz bottles of 6% bleach so far. If the FC still drops again by morning, do I have to keep shocking?
Pebble tech 16000 gal. in-ground.
PS 233 test kit