20 Chlorine Bottles
12lbs of Shock

FC: 3
CC: 3
CYA: 40
TA- 80
CH- 280
PH-7.4

Pool set for 2 years by a previous owner. When opening the pool it had a tint of green in the deep end. I've shocked the pool 3 times and held 15-20FC for more than 24-48 hours adding chlorine in on the hour. Vacuuming pool every morning when I see what I think is a bunch of dead algae on the bottom. The pool now is clear but not holding FC very well. I've been trying to keep FC at 5-8, however it disappearing. Ran the over night test and FC dropped from 5ppm to nearly .5ppm.

Not sure what to try next?

Keep FC at shock level until the FC holds overnight, CC is 0.5 or less, and the water looks good. Currently you are only 1 for 3; not done yet!

You probably don't want to use any more powdered chlorine; your CYA and CH are both to a point where it's probably not advisable to raise them any higher, and nearly every kind of powdered chlorine will raise one or the other of those parameters. Stick with liquid.
--paulr

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.