How does taylor k1004 compare to k2006

bats said:
Hi
I just bought a simple test kit taylor k 1004 witch tests for fc ph and alkalinity.Does a k2006 test fc ph and alkalinity the same way?

Thanks
pH and TA are same test exactly. FC is completely different.
Your kit can't measure FC accurately above 5 ppm (some say at all), nor can it tell you CH or CYA levels. CYA test will tell you how high you need to maintain FC. CH test will warn you if you're going to etch or scale your walls.

Still, what you have is better than test strips or trusting the pool store. I think you'll end up happier getting a better kit. I bought what you have originally. Then I bought a better setup. Then I bought the TF100. You can use your vial and reagents for testing even if you buy the better kit.

Richard320 said:
bats said:
Hi
I just bought a simple test kit taylor k 1004 witch tests for fc ph and alkalinity.Does a k2006 test fc ph and alkalinity the same way?

Thanks
pH and TA are same test exactly. FC is completely different.
Your kit can't measure FC accurately above 5 ppm (some say at all), nor can it tell you CH or CYA levels. CYA test will tell you how high you need to maintain FC. CH test will warn you if you're going to etch or scale your walls.

Still, what you have is better than test strips or trusting the pool store. I think you'll end up happier getting a better kit. I bought what you have originally. Then I bought a better setup. Then I bought the TF100. You can use your vial and reagents for testing even if you buy the better kit.

Hi here in canada the k2006 costs 160.00,but i'm sure that i'll end up getting it with time.
I just wanted to see how well it works for testing these differn't parameters and i'm already impressed.

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.