Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How does taylor k1004 compare to k2006

1. Back To Top    #1

How does taylor k1004 compare to k2006

Hi
    I just bought a simple test kit taylor k 1004 witch tests for fc ph and alkalinity.Does a k2006 test fc ph and alkalinity the same way?

Thanks
    42,000 liters inground pool
    swg aqua rite
    Hayward super filter sand
    Vinyl lining
    Haward 1.5 hp pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How does taylor k1004 compare to k2006

Quote Originally Posted by bats
    Hi
    I just bought a simple test kit taylor k 1004 witch tests for fc ph and alkalinity.Does a k2006 test fc ph and alkalinity the same way?

Thanks
    pH and TA are same test exactly. FC is completely different.
    Your kit can't measure FC accurately above 5 ppm (some say at all), nor can it tell you CH or CYA levels. CYA test will tell you how high you need to maintain FC. CH test will warn you if you're going to etch or scale your walls.

Still, what you have is better than test strips or trusting the pool store. I think you'll end up happier getting a better kit. I bought what you have originally. Then I bought a better setup. Then I bought the TF100. You can use your vial and reagents for testing even if you buy the better kit.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: How does taylor k1004 compare to k2006

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320
    Quote Originally Posted by bats
    Hi

Thanks
    pH and TA are same test exactly. FC is completely different.
    Your kit can't measure FC accurately above 5 ppm (some say at all), nor can it tell you CH or CYA levels. CYA test will tell you how high you need to maintain FC. CH test will warn you if you're going to etch or scale your walls.

Still, what you have is better than test strips or trusting the pool store. I think you'll end up happier getting a better kit. I bought what you have originally. Then I bought a better setup. Then I bought the TF100. You can use your vial and reagents for testing even if you buy the better kit.
    Hi here in canada the k2006 costs 160.00,but i'm sure that i'll end up getting it with time.
    I just wanted to see how well it works for testing these differn't parameters and i'm already impressed.

Thanks
    42,000 liters inground pool
    swg aqua rite
    Hayward super filter sand
    Vinyl lining
    Haward 1.5 hp pump