Cloudy pool and sand in bottom

Apr 25, 2008
Hi all! I have two questions:
1) My pool was doing great, but then it turned cloudy in the deep end and I'm not sure why. Maybe an algae bloom was beginning, but I was keeping my chlorine up. I have been checking cc and have had 0. also, I did the overnight test and had no overnight fc loss. Here are my numbers:
fc: 6
cc: 0
ta: 70
cya: 35
ph: 7.6
I have been putting DE in the filter since I started with an algae issue at opening and also using a sock in the skimmer. Both along with BBB cleared the pool up in record time. Now the cloudiness has appeared and I just don't know why. Any thoughts??

2) We have sand in the bottom of the pool apparently. I thought it was mustard algae at the end of the year last year and at opening this year and then I thought it was pollen after consulting with you fine folks ;). It is so fine I didn't think it was sand. We replaced a couple of laterals and all the sand at the beginning of last season so I didn't expect it to be a lateral. Also, last year when the lateral was broken, we saw a lot of sand upon backwashing, not inside the pool. Is this a busted lateral or something else?

Thanks for any input!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.