Best place to get sand for sand filter?

GCS

Jul 28, 2008
Pool shop wants $20 per 50lb bag (I need 300lbs worth) ... that sure seems high to me.

Anything else I can try to get elsewhere for less ... maybe HD, Lowes, or Wal-Mart?

Greg

Holy Schmoly! $20 for 40# salt? I paid $4.69 - just get the regular Solar Salt 99% Pure at your Walmart or grocery or hardware store - way cheaper than "Pool Salt" - I bought my replacement sand at Lowes, but don't remember the price

Yeah I thought both prices sucked as well. WM was on my list for tomorrow to look for the Morton's Pool Salt I had read about in the SWG forum as I will need a fair bit of that as well but not until my SWG shows up (next week I hope) but the Sand Filter sand I need tomorrow/fri to complete the install.

That S244T is HUGE!! I didn't realize it was going to be that big until it got here and I unpacked it.

Crossing my fingers that all goes well tomorrow for the installer.

Greg

I am brand new to TFP and to pools (since June 10th). However, we are having serious issues getting our pool under control. We have a sand filter and are contemplating changing out our sand. We found bags of sand at HD for around $5 and our pool stores want $10. I'm in Houston, TX. I hope that helps. Good Luck.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.