Hayward s 200 sand filter with hole in top

Jun 2, 2010
Just bought a house with a pool and I really know nothing about it. I have a hayward s 200 filter and it has a decent size hole in the top portion of it. I found some replacements for it online but I was wondering if it were possible to just repair it I have the part that broke off. I would appreciate any help. Thanks to all in advance.

I have to wonder about the fact something is broken off, does the filter look old to the point where the plastic may be weak? Remember these things are designed to contain a fair amount of pressure, you don't want an extremely old and rotted one exploding on you. Also how old is the sand, is it time to be replaced?

Ike

Can you post a pic of it?

I'm inclined to agree with Ike, You don't want to try and repair a pressure vessel that's been mechanically damaged. Anything striking the housing hard enough to put a hole in it probably comprimised the structural integrity of the unit.

I'd at very least replace the head (top) section instead of trying to repair it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.