Where to start

May 6, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario
Painted and time to fill. Started filling an hour ago and will take SEVERAL hours. Will be filled, with about 144,000 L (app:38000 US Gals) of city water with the #'s from my tap being

FC-0.5
CC-1.0
TA-70
CH-80

Pump/filter/CG etc all set to go. So my question (s) to you good folks are:

When do I add the salt?
When do I start th CG ?
When to add Chlorine ?
When to add Stab ?

Anything else I need to do in regards to chemical?

Cheers

Since most pools tend to rise in pH slowly over time, I would suggest lowering pH down to around 7.4 or so, perhaps even 7.2 if experience tells you your pool will rise.

Then, I would add the chlorine, stabilizer one right after another. I suggest chlorine up to around 5ppm to give it a good starting dose.

Once chlorine and stabilizer are in, your pH lowered and your TA re-checked, your pool water should be well balanced and I would then bring in the salt and turn on the SWG.

hi duraleigh--when you said " add the chlorine, stabilizer one right after another." did you mean RIGHT AWAY, as in one after another with NO WAIT time for each component to circulate?.

I started with the acid to lower PH and then right away added the chlorine. Is this right :?:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So is this looking good ? It's been 5 days since the balancing act started and these are the #'s that have held now for almost 3 full days with the SWG set at 40% output and running the pump at 12 hr on and 12 hr off.

Thanks

FC-4.5
CC-0
TA-70
CYA-70
PH- 7.6
CH-120

How does your water look?
WET :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks real good duraleigh.Clear and glistening, and yesterday at a temp of 68, the 2 Grandsons said "SILKY".This is the first time I've started with a good clean pool and fresh water since I got the SWG in June of 2008. I was running that pool like a fool for years before the SWG with gal after gal of chlorine and who knows what else. Last season I was running it with the SWG and with TONS of help from you guys, it always looked good until the water was stirred up by swimming nearing the season end. That's when all the "milky water" aggravations started and I came to realize at closing time the pool needed a new paint job.

Now I guess I should set up a regular brushing schedule.

BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO OUR POOL! Was us finding http://www.troublefreepool.com/ and the diversity of knowledge that's so cheerfully and freely passed on to everyone.

Cheers

I have been running my SWG and pump in 12 hr cycles with the output at 20%.Water LOOKS great.The water has been in the 68-70 range. My numbers have been holding except for FC which went from 4 to 3.5 from yesterdays test. I jacked up the output of the SWG to 40% this AM. I am leaving on Thursday for 12 days and in anticipation of the weather changing for the better and the temp of the pool water temp rising I am wondering if there are any other things I can do in order for my wife to have a TROUBLE FREE POOL in my absence.Yesterday AM FC was 4 and other #'s are the same.
#s are currently at:
FC-3.5-----Yesterday AM FC was 4
CC-0
TA-70
CYA-70
PH-7.5-7.8

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.