8' run OK on suction line for Liquidator?

Well I just had a thought about running the feed line to the LQ. My heater has three drain plugs that I think are the same size as the drain plug for the pump. So I think I can use a plug like I will in the pump for the heater. This saves me from having to drill and tap a new feed line for the LQ, and this way I can leave the two lines for the Hayward chlorinator as they are...

flyboy320 said:
I bought a 1/4" and a 3/8" metal cap from Home Depot and I'll try them out in the morning....hopefully one will fit!

simicrintz said:
I am going to wish you luck! Neither of those worked on mine......

Well they didn't fit for me either! I guess I'll just keep the Hayward chlorinator hooked up and leave the dial at zero. My plan now is to use the drain plug from the pump as the OUT line from the LQ, and use a drain plug from my heater as the IN line to the LQ. This way I won't have to drill any holes in the PVC pipe, and I can just re-install the plugs if I want to remove the LQ at a later date.

I hear there is a Liquidator heading your way as we speak, so hang in there! There may be a source for the plugs, and an upgrade "kit" available before too long :cool: Everything you need in one convenient bag, all at an easy to swallow price :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.