Aqua Comfort Heat Pump

Yellowbug33

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 2, 2010
Pool installed a couple years ago. Inground 15xi30, 16,000 gallons (no real deep end as only 5' deep), vinyl liner, 2 speed sta-rite max e pro pump that i run on low 24 hours with a sta rite sys 3 cartridge filter and the aqua comfort heat pump model 110.
Do heat pumps work. Granted I believe it has to be somewhat warm outside. This morning in Syracuse NY the temp was 60 degrees at 7am. My pool temp was 79.5. I put the heater up to 82 degrees. Went out exactly one hour later and pool temp was down to 79.3 degrees. There are no trees and there is a solar cover on the pool. My thinking was a heat pump is cheaper to run and you get a longer swimming season in Central NY but the only time i see this heat pump really doing any good is a nice hot day. One night i set it to keep it at 79 overnight at the water was 83.4 in the day. I woke up at 1:20am and the heater was running. I checked in the morning and the pool was only 78.8. Do you have to wait for the outside temp to be 70 degrees or something?? Thanks .

Welcome to TFP!

Heat pumps are more efficient the warmer the air temperature. They will keep producing heat as the air gets colder, but not nearly as much as when the air is warm. They work best when used in combination with a solar cover. Without a solar cover they usually can't keep up with the heat loss at night.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.