Eyeball direction?

Jerry

Aug 10, 2009
New Orleans
I've had my 4 reteurn eyeballs pointing up towards the surface to create a circulating effect...to get leaves past the skimmers.
This has worked okay but now there are not many leaves falling but I get two large areas of silt debirs on the bottom.
Today I repositioned the eyeballs to point towards the bottom...the 2 on each side of the pool in the same direction with the two on the other side the same opposite.

What's the general desired direction of eyeballs in a pool like mine?...2 on each side about a third of the way from each end.

Attachments

• P1010004.JPG
    P1010004.JPG
    217 KB · Views: 170
Wind is the biggest factor for skimming. Pointing the eyes up is useful to aerate the water when needed but I usually set them more for the main body's current direction as opposed to upwards for surface current. Get the whole body of water moving in a circle and the surface will follow. Just getting the surface moving just moves the surface. Sometimes, splitting the current flow of a long skinny pool in opposite directions works better. Every pool is different. Experiment to find what your pool likes best.

Scott

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.