Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Eyeball direction?

1. Back To Top    #1

Eyeball direction?

I've had my 4 reteurn eyeballs pointing up towards the surface to create a circulating effect...to get leaves past the skimmers.
    This has worked okay but now there are not many leaves falling but I get two large areas of silt debirs on the bottom.
    Today I repositioned the eyeballs to point towards the bottom...the 2 on each side of the pool in the same direction with the two on the other side the same opposite.

What's the general desired direction of eyeballs in a pool like mine?...2 on each side about a third of the way from each end.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    10,000 Gal. Inground Plaster Lap Pool
    Sand Filter
    New Orleans, LA

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Eyeball direction?

Wind is the biggest factor for skimming. Pointing the eyes up is useful to aerate the water when needed but I usually set them more for the main body's current direction as opposed to upwards for surface current. Get the whole body of water moving in a circle and the surface will follow. Just getting the surface moving just moves the surface. Sometimes, splitting the current flow of a long skinny pool in opposite directions works better. Every pool is different. Experiment to find what your pool likes best.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Eyeball direction?

I'm no help on the eyeball palcement but I have to say I would love to be able to have that lush vegitation around my ppol and property. Looks awesome
    11,872 Gallon IG Shotcrete play pool
    Blue Granite Pebble Sheen finish
    Hayward SwimClear c4025, Navigator & Tristar 1.75hp pump
    2' Powerfall