Just uncovered a swamp

Linkon

May 14, 2010
Howell, MI
Please help! I bought a house with a pool and dont know much about taking care of pools. I just took the cover off and it is a total swamp. I am in the process of filling it up so I can start the pump/filter. What is the first thing I should do once I get the filter going? I have one of those TF-100 test kits but have not used it yet.

Here are some pictures if it helps. As you can see, it is a really dark green but the liner is a light blue :shock: :

IMG_1679.jpg

IMG_1678.jpg

IMG_1680.jpg

Linkon,

We'll all help you get going. You are on the right track already by getting filled up and circulating.

Once you're up and running, post a set of test results for us. If the kit is a little intimidating at first, don't hesitate to ask for help.

Hi there,
Head over to Pool School and start with the ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry. That should get you started. Then read the other articles, including Defeating Algae.

Now, it can feel overwhelming at first because it is alot of information to absorb, but we'll help walk you thru it. So post back here if you have any questions at all. :)

Your PH and CYA looks perfect. I will let the the expert comment on the TA and CH.
I think you can adjust those after you clean up your pool.

You can shock your pool now. For CYA 40, bring the FC above 16 and hold it
there for a few days.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.