How many jugs of bleach a year?

Shane1

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 29, 2010
Buckeye, AZ 85326
How many jugs of bleach do you think you go through a year? How many jugs do you buy at one time and if you buy in bulk where do you store them before they get used?
I'm not using the BBB right now but want to. I'm just trying to quantify and get the logistics figured out.
Thanks
Shane

6% bleach, both for shocking and maintenance. I didn't have to shock last year either. And no, I don't think that is very much at all really. Especially because I never close the pool and it gets fairly good sunlight. I keep my CYA at 40.

You pool is larger than mine so you might use a little more. It is also CYA, bather load, and sunlight dependent as well.

I've used 37 gallons of 6% so far this year. We don't close and have lost about 10 gallons due to the liquidator float valve breaking and leaking it out. So about 27 gallons the first six months. I just haul em out a cart at a time form the neighborhood Wally-World. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.