Autopilot Digital Options

donaldm823

LifeTime Supporter
May 21, 2007
Cape Coral, FL
PoolSean has several posts regarding all of the various options of the Autopilot digital. One of them weas the capability to change the 50% run time amperage based on your generator run time and need for chlorine generation levels. Understand the Autopilot runs when the pump runs (e.g. autopilot wired to the pump timer), but can you program the autopilot itself to run x hrs and then turn itself off even though the pump is still running

Yes, as long as you're not using the Digital to control your circulation pump. As long as you're using a separate time clock or control system (like Jandy, Pentaire, Aqualogic, etc), by programming the Pool Pilot for ONE SPEED PUMP (remember, we're not connecting the pump to it), what it does in essence is tell the Pool Pilot when to activate the chlorine generation.

Not sure why you would want to do this unless you're greatly oversized on the cell to pool. You can reduce the Cell Power level too, to generate lower levels of chlorine. In my opinion, you're better off generating lower doses for a longer period of time than you are to generate alot of chlorine in a shorter period of time.

Poolsean said:
Yes, as long as you're not using the Digital to control your circulation pump. As long as you're using a separate time clock or control system (like Jandy, Pentaire, Aqualogic, etc), by programming the Pool Pilot for ONE SPEED PUMP (remember, we're not connecting the pump to it), what it does in essence is tell the Pool Pilot when to activate the chlorine generation.

Not sure why you would want to do this unless you're greatly oversized on the cell to pool. You can reduce the Cell Power level too, to generate lower levels of chlorine. In my opinion, you're better off generating lower doses for a longer period of time than you are to generate alot of chlorine in a shorter period of time.

thanks for the info-you are one of the reasons I am going with an Autopilot.

Now all I have to do is convince my pool builder (Anthony and Sylvan) that does my service (pool components still have another 2 years of warranty) to install an Autopilot. He wants to install a Aquapure-Jandy that in my view is not up to the standards of an Autopilot Digital in both quality, options, and chlorine output. As for the question-just covering my options since I am going oversized with the SC-60 and I have a 30000 gal pool

Poolsean said:
Gotcha. Have you tried contacting Delaware Valley Pools yet?

yes-I talked to Pete at Del Valley and that was the price he quoted $1950 (with salt) for the Autopilot Digital, manifold, and SC-60 cell. Seems high since I can buy it on line for $1100. So a set back since $1950 is way more than I budgeted

Autopilot Dimensions

Poolsean said:

PoolSean
I have searched this forum but can not seem to find the various dimensions of the control box and the generator manifold. Could you please re-poste them-need the exterior dimensions of the control box so I can size the post for the box, and also need the manifold cutout so I can estimate my plumbing costs. I think the box was 21x12x9- but I really need the screw hole dimensions so I can check my current post width as I do not want to replace the post since it already contains my timer and circuit bkr box on one side. Also I think the manifold was 10inches something cutout

Donald,

Hopefully someone can reply with the actual dimensions of the mounting screw holes and the manifold, as I am out of the contry with limited access, and no power supply, tape measure, or manifold with me.

The measurements for the power supply is close, but it doesn't show what you need for the mounting screw holes. The manifold depends on if your existing plumbing is 1.5" or 2". 1.5" pvc will need more space for the reducing bushings, as the manifold is 2". Otherwise, the manifold needs approximately 11.75" of straight pipe to mount in your plumbing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.