Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Solar Panels 2x20

1. Back To Top    #1

Solar Panels 2x20

To make a long story short. I live in Northern Illinois 9 miles from Beloit Wisconsin. Last year I saw a craiglist ad for 4x20 solar pool panel. I had a coworker who lived near the seller pick it up for me. Anyway the product turned out to be 2x20 and it is for an inground pool. I have been trying to see what the difference in inground panel and above ground panel is. I can't find any info. Will this work for our 24 fot round or should we repost and just sell the panel? thank you in adavance
    24 Foot Round Aqua Leader Illusion 54"
    Hayward 190T Sand Filter Sand filter with 1.5HP motor

Assembled July 31, 2009 :)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Solar Panels 2x20

It should work from a plumbing perspective, but realistically you need at least a 4x20 panel with a solar cover or better yet two 4x20 panels. We just went from one 4x20 to two and it is a world of difference. This year we have had no problem maintaining 80+ deg pool water with no aux heat.

A 2x20 should as advertised be good for up to 40k btu...the 4ft wide AGP version (solar bear/fafco) is somewhere around 60-80k btu.
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Solar Panels 2x20

I am just going to sell this one and get the correct size. our pool is at 84 degrees right now. it went up to 86 Saturday. averaging 80 degress so far this year
    24 Foot Round Aqua Leader Illusion 54"
    Hayward 190T Sand Filter Sand filter with 1.5HP motor

Assembled July 31, 2009 :)