Started conversion, but some questions

jjakmk

Aug 3, 2007
I started my conversion today. Water is at 15ppm. My question is there is a off white scum floating on the top. The water is also a pea soup color and I cannot see the bottom, but I expected this just not the scum. Pool is above ground 21in, 52 in deep.
THANKS A TON FOR ANY HELP.

Hi, Jen,

Yeah, you might see a lot of strange things during conversion. The principle to remember is...STAY THE COURSE!. Keep you FC up there and keep vacuuming/skimming/filtering doing whatever it takes to get the junk out of your pool. That will only speed your process.

(the scum could be a result of algaecide or possible something else.....doesn't really matter....it's in there and you've got to get it out with the process you have started.)

it will lower the concentration of the baqua in the pool, but you will still need to get it all out. So nothing really, except the increased gallonage will make you have to add more bleach to reach/maintain your shock level.

I'm up to 21 containers of bleach. 10 of them were the regular size,11 of them were the big size. Is this extreme or is it different for everybody depending on how much baqu stuff is in there?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.