Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intelitouch power shutoff question

1. Back To Top    #1

Intelitouch power shutoff question

I am ready to clean my IC40 and the directions say to turn off the power at the main switch before removing. Can In use the breakers built into the intelitouch or should I go straight to the main breakers?
    18,900 Stonescapes Tahoe Blue xtra black, 8 jet Spa, Pentair inteliflo VS , Pentair FNS 60 DE, Inteliclor40, Pentair 400,000 Mastertemp heater, 3 spillovers powered by a Pentair 1 HP whisperflo pump, The pool Cleaner, 2 Intellibright color changing lights and 400 sq ft. of Heliocol roof mounted solar.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intelitouch power shutoff question

Just unplug it from the main controller (it unscrews from the bottom). You will need to do that any way to remove the cell for proper cleaning.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by gm129387
    Just unplug it from the main controller (it unscrews from the bottom). You will need to do that any way to remove the cell for proper cleaning.
    No! Turn off the power at the Easytouch first. Do not pull the plug before you turn off the power. You can blow the board in the cell. Just shut off the breakers in the Easytouch.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you much! Just got through with my first cleaning
    18,900 Stonescapes Tahoe Blue xtra black, 8 jet Spa, Pentair inteliflo VS , Pentair FNS 60 DE, Inteliclor40, Pentair 400,000 Mastertemp heater, 3 spillovers powered by a Pentair 1 HP whisperflo pump, The pool Cleaner, 2 Intellibright color changing lights and 400 sq ft. of Heliocol roof mounted solar.