We just set up our Intex above ground pool. (It had been in storage for a few years.)
Began filling it with water Sunday evening. On Monday morning color was greenish/yellow. Went to Leslie's. They tested the ph, alkalinity, chlorine, and all were normal. He said my iron was just barely elevated an would not cause this. He said since the pool was just filled it could not be algae already. (???) He tested phospates and said they were very high which could lead to algae, so he sold me something to help with that. (Phosfree)
Last night I used two gallons of liquid shock, and the phosfree. I kept the filter running all night.
This morning, the pool looks the same, but I notice a rust colored ring around the top of the water on the sides of the pool.
I used the test strips he sold me and this is what my results were this morning:
pH 8.4 or higher
Free Chlorine 10+
Total alkalinity:Test strip chart seems to be all green hues - my tested color looked more of a blue color?
Stabalizer looked in the 30 - 50 (ideal) range