Hayward 244T & Hayward 1.5HP Matrix 2 speed for a 27' Round?

GCS

Jul 28, 2008
Based on input in the Pump area of the forum it was suggested to me to go with a larger Sand filter and better pump for my 27' Round AGP (52" deep)

2" PVC has been laid down and buried each line is about 50 feet long with 4 90 degree elbows.

It was suggested to use a 1HP 2 speed pump and 300lb sand filter. I am concerned that the 1HP will be strong enough for the distance I need to cover which is why I posted the 1.5 HP model. If that is overkill please lmk. FYI I do plan on installing a Compuplus SWG for the pool as well.

Would this setup be a good choice. I can get both sent to me next day for about $600 total if I order by 12 noon EST. I could save a few dollars by waiting but my install was supposed to start tomorrow.

Please advise.

Thanks

Greg

I think you'd be better off with a 1HP pump. I think a 1.5HP is bigger than your pool needs and probably bigger than your filter wants as far as flow. 50 ft of pipe isn't an issue. IG pools deal with much longer runs routinely. My IG has 3 returns and a 1HP does fine.

GCS said:
Thanks

Also talking with Jason on the forums he recommended a 1HP 2 Speed Full rated pump -- I cannot located this animal in a 115V form for an Above Ground Pool -- do these even exist or are my Google skills failing me?

Greg

The Hayward Power-Flo Matrix SP15922S meets your requirements.

Is switching to 220 out of the question? Many good reasons to do it even if your pump will run on 115.

Don't limit yourself to AG pumps. The differences between AG and IG pumps are primarily that an IG pump will self-prime and AG pumps usually have an on/off switch on the pump. An IG pump will work fine on an AG pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.