A couple random questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 3, 2010
This is the first year I am using the BBB method, and I noticed in "the pool school" recommended levels article that it says to keep TA at 70-90 unless you use Tri-Chlor tablets. In that case it should be around 100-120 and not to let it fall below 100. What's the reason for this? I use a combination of bleach and tablets mainly because I have a 50lb bucket of tri-chlor tablets left over from last year, and an automatic in-line chlorinator. I keep the chlorinator set at half, and usually add a half gallon of bleach a week depending on how sunny it was and how often the pool was used. I guess I'm trying to figure out if TA should be in the 70-90 range, or the 100-120 range.

Also, as a matter of convenience I was wondering if I could add borax and/or soda ash to my skimmer basket instead of pre-dissolving in a bucket of water before dumping it in. I have a cartridge filter if that makes a difference.

Thanks!
Mike

So in my situation would 90-100 TA be good since I don't use a whole lot of Tri-chlor? Also, I'm curious why you don't like to put stuff that messes with your pH in your skimmer basket. Does it mix it up better in a bucket or is there another reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.