Sta-Rite Max-E-Therm heaters

May 21, 2009
My Hayward H350 Natural Gas Heater is shot. I am looking at a Sta-Rite Max-E-Therm 333K BTU as a replacement. I've done quite a bit of searching online and I can't find much on heater reviews or comparisons. Has anybody had any issues with this heater or have any good feedback on it? Does anybody know of a good online resource that provides pool heater comparisons on things like energy efficiency, reliability, etc.?

Thanks!

The Sta-Rite Max-E-Therm and the Pentair MasterTemp are the same heater with different skins. They are on a par with Ray-Pak/Rheem (different name badge and same heater). They are usually the only ones I recommend.

Both are less trouble prone than past Jandy or Hayward offerings though the newer models from these two vendors seem to be improvements but not in the field long enough to declare them as bulletproof as the Ray-Pak or Pentair units.

Scott

Thanks!! After a discussion with the pool store we are sizing down to the Pentair MasterTemp 300K btu. It sounds though that this is a recommended unit as well so that is good. As for mice, my old heater didn't have that problem but is there anything I can do to prevent the issue with the new heater, just in case?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.