Organic Yellow Stains

Apr 14, 2010
Bartlett, TN
I have organic stains on the walls and seams everywhere. The wife and I have been slowly cleaning it with Vitamin C tabs. This is very time consuming and I doubt we will ever be able to get it all clean. There are stains on the floor where earthworms sat and decomposed over the winter. I figured that most of this would fade after some sun, bleach and regular brushing but it seems that vitamin C is the only cure. Is there something else I can use to remove these stains? Something a little quicker and doesn't require me staying under water for extended periods of time? Here are my numbers:

FC= 6-8
CC= 0
TC= 6-8
TA= 70
pH= 7.5
CYA= 50

We went out of town a few weeks ago and I added 8 gallons of bleach which brought my FC levels up to 16-18 and covered with solar. I thought that might help the staining but it didn't. Any suggestions? Also, is it ok to use a magnetic stirrer for the FAS-DPD chlorine test?

Sweet. Seems like a pretty straight forward process. Is it OK to get in the pool and scrub the stains using the sock method? Also, can you buy that stuff locally? My daughter's birthday party is this coming Saturday and the wife wants the pool to sparkle like a diamond. I'm in direct sunlight so if I don't put in any bleach today, I should be about down to 0 chlorine by tomorrow night. I can get started then if I can buy it locally.

If you are having a pool party saturday I wouldn't do the "AA treatment" right now, if I can be honest. I'd just get in the pool and try spot treating it while keeping your FC level on the low end of your range, but never below your min, and add the sequesterant (like HTH metal control). I'm just afraid you could end up with a bigger problem than a few stains which could put a damper on the party.

Hope that makes sense.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.