Changing coping clips without emptying pool, help?

May 31, 2010
My pool has an overlap-type liner, and holding it on are the standard white plastic coping clips. But, over top of the clips, there are another set of metal clips. My problem is that these metal clips are poorly galvanized and are disintegrating due to rust on the inside. So lots of rust is falling into the pool :x . What Im wondering is whether these metal strips can be removed and replaced without draining the pool. To me, it looks like the purpose of these strips is to provide structure, not hold the liner in place. Would removing just one section at a time (4ft) compromise the strength of the pool and cause either the liner to slip or the side to collapse, under the weight of all those 13000 gallons? (24ft circle pool) thanks dudes! :cool:

ps- this forum has awesome smileys :hammer: :whip: --> :cheers:

How long is each section? It may be possible - the round pools are supported by pressing outward equally on all sides/walls. One of the pro installer dudes will be along to help but my guess is MAYBE

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.