anybody get these horrible muscle spasms while swimming?

May 15, 2009
I have for years been getting a cramp or muscle spasm in my feet which I have to bend them backwards and hope it goes away. I have no reason why it only happens when I swim but it is very painful and aggrevating.
This weekend I went to a buddies after golf and went in his pool and I got a muscle spasm in my left thigh. OMG this was very painful and I had no way of knowing how to relieve the pain.

anyone know just what is happening and how can you fight it?

Cramps can be due to lack of magnesium and calcium. I take supplements of both.

I cannot offer any more specific advice here but I suppose you could contact me for more info.

Yes, I get them in my toes and feet from time to time and they certainly do hurt. Check with your doctor before adding any specific vitamin or mineral regimen suggested on an internet forum.

Sometimes if I go running then hop in the pool, I'll get cramps because of the temp difference between the warm muscle and the cool pool so I just wait and do a proper 'cool down' first.

However, the cramps in my arms from the 12 oz curls seem to go away with a few more curls.... :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.