May 15, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
We got the pool up and running. It is full. Added chlorine and then some Borax to bring the pH up from 7.1. In Pool School, I read to add Polyquat weekly. Is that the same as the algacide you find at Walmart or so i need to get it at a pool store? Also, is it imperative that I add it today or can I just get it in the next few days?
Lordy! I feel like a brand new mama all over again. I am afraid I'm gonna drop this baby or something LOL!

Polyquat is usually sold as 60% algaecide. I've never seen it at Walmart, but who knows. Look at the ingredients. If it doesn't say poly-something somewhere in the name, it's not polyquat.

Thanks for your reply. Is it something I should definitely use? I have read on some posts from people who don't even use it. (that if you keep your chlorine level appropriate you shouldn't have a problem with algae). Since I am one to play it safe I guess I should make sure to use it weekly, huh? What's your opinion? Oh, also is "polyquat" a name brand or just the name of the chemical?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.