PH 7.5
TA 130
cya 5.0

Leslies says
FC 6
cc 0
ph 7.8
cya 100

I am pretty confident My tests are more reliable than leslies.

The real problem is I had clear and good water when I left home{fc was at 6 but I added some extra bleach just to be on the safe side) Fri when I cam back sunday the water was clear but lots of algee on the bottom of the pool. This is the second time this has happen. I thought that if I had at lest 3 ppm of clorine. I should not have algee.
I have been testing every day and adding bleach everyday. Is this normal. Should I have to add bleach every day and if so how much. I have stopped using the clorine tablets. Now the pool is cloudy because of all of the algee on the bottom) Note I have done the cya test twice and its 5.0 I am sure. What to do?
Thanks in advance

First thing is that, yes you have to add bleach every day. Once you get to know your pool you might be able to figure out how much to add every other day but to begin with you have to add every day. Second, Your CYA number looks suspect. I know you said you checked it twice but the first number on the view tube is 20 and it gets higher as you go to the bottom. You should be using equal parts of R-0013 and pool water. Shaking it up then give it 30 seconds and shake it again before slowly pouring it into the view tube until the black dot disappears.

I did last night and It did not change from last night to this morning 5.5 last night and 5.5 this morning cc'c where .that will change from 0 to .5 It may be dead algee. The problem is once I start vacuming, the pool gets all cloudy. When we got home The pool was clear with green stuff on the bottom of the pool. It became cloudy after I tried to clean it up. Its a lot clearer this mornig. I was thinking if my pool has a fc of 6 I should not have any algee, but I guess the clorine is killing the algee. I need to figure out how to clean it with out making the pool cloudy.
Thanks in advance

The only trick I can give you is that when vacuuming go really slow and methodically. When I'm vacuuming dirt or dust I go slow enough that the suction from the vacuum starts pulling the dirt into the vacuum before the head gets to it. I didn't see where you listed the type of filter you have but can try using a skimmer sock or two to catch the fine stuff and keep it from reentering the pool. Or if it's sand you can try adding a little D.E. to it.

My pool today started at 5.5 and tonight it was at 2 is that too much of a difference? Can I raise it to say 7 so it doesn't drop too much?
I would say that's a reasonable drop. It may get a little less as you get comfortable with the testing. Yeah, if you go to 6-7ppm, you'll likely drop down to around 4, that's a good range for your CYA of 40.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.