Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Main drain help

1. Back To Top    #1

Main drain help

Had my pool replaster in feb/mar. Got in all the way for the firat time and there is no suction on the main drain. Got the mask on and looked around. The pipe connecting the two drains is open but there seems to be a plug in each drain as well. Is the pipe to the equipment in the tube connecting The two or are those two plugs the cause? I tried turning the two skimmers off and only leaving the main drain open, but that didn't seem to change anything as far as the pump goes.

My skimmer has two holes in it, one is closed. It looks like what a plug would lol like from the bottom, and indented square. Can this be moved to allow main drain suction? The beans is an "S" with a ~ next to it and the model is 3650-17. No name.

Help!
    new house: TBDK gal IG plaster pool, filter Titan CM DE filter 36 sq ft , 1.5 HP Pump; Polaris 380

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Main drain help

They may have plugged the drains prior to the replaster and forgot to take the plugs out

If the extra port in the skimmer is plugged from the bottom, DO NOT try to remove them!!!

Jack those plugs out of the drains (unless the drains are abandoned) and all should be good.
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Main drain help

Ok, sounds good. They are not abandoned they're the only drains in the pool.
    new house: TBDK gal IG plaster pool, filter Titan CM DE filter 36 sq ft , 1.5 HP Pump; Polaris 380