My FC did drop

imcj

May 18, 2010
5/30
FC 13
CC .5
TC 13.5
TA 170

After changing the SWG from 3 hours to 2 hours last night, today the results were
FC 8
CC .5
TC 8.5
TA 150
pH same - between 7.2 and 7.5 but the color is much closer to 7.5

FC dropped significantly by dropping the hour on SWG didn't it? I still need it to get to 5 though. I hope it doesn't keep dropping that quickly or I'll be in trouble. I'll just wait and see when I test tomorrow before panicking.

Thank you. I guess I missed that. I will retest this evening. Should I just test everything in the evening or do some tests need to be done in the morning? Thank you for your insight.

Most people find it convenient to test whatever they need to test all at the same time.

Do you run the SWG at night, or during the day? If you run it during the day, then FC will be lowest just before it comes on, and that would be the time to test FC. Otherwise evening after the sun is off the pool (and before the SWG comes on) is best.
--paulr

Thank you very much. The SWG comes on at 9 pm. I live in So CA and in one of those areas where we hit 115-120 in our hottest time in August so I don't run anything if possible during the day except A/C. Maybe it would be best to test about 7:30 while I still have light but before SWG comes on. Thank you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.