the day after

May 23, 2010
union beach n.j.
ok its the day after my first opening and here is what i got, the water is still cloudy but not that bad pretty much only in the deep end

ph 7.2
fc 5.0
tc 4.0
cc 0
ta 100
ch 50
cya 20 i added 5 lbs yesterday as it was zero so this test i guess will not be accurate for a week right

that stuff does not fully dissolve, i put a pot of boiling water on the stove added it to my bucket and still would not dissolve all the way.

Looks okay for now. You are correct in that your CYA test will probably not reflect the accurate level until several days have passed. This is why we advocate waiting a week before rechecking it.

If your water is still cloudy, keep the pump running. If you have been shocking, you know that you are finished when the FC holds to within 1 ppm or less of loss overnight.

TC = FC + CC, so if you report FC=5 and TC=4, something got lost in the translation. If you haven't figured it out what that was, please explain how you did the chlorine tests and we'll see how to straighten things out.
--paulr

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.