Ph and ta

I lowered my ph from 7,8 to 7 to also reduce my ta. This was on 5/27. On 5/29 I finally. Got it down to 7.0 when tested at 7 pm. At this. Time my ta was 70. I aerated the water and on 5/31 my ph is 7.3 and ta 80. This tested at 8 am. I turned the return down towards the bottom and want to try ro keep the ph around 7.3 and ta around 70. What do I need to do?

Just keep testing and adjusting. When you lose water to evaporation, the numbers will change. And they'll change again when you refill. The only way to know how much is by testing. You'll spend less time testing and adjusting every day than you will brushing just once a week.

Trouble-free doesn't mean maintenance-free.

Yep, I'd test pH daily at first to make sure it has stabilized. It is likely to change slowly over time and you just keep an eye on it. As you get used to how the pool behaves, you can test less frequently. If pH is still climbing faster than you like, you can lower TA a little more.
--paulr

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.