Thread: Iron in fill water?

1. Back To Top    #1

Iron in fill water?

Today I tested my fill water which is a well. My #'s were

ph 7.2
    ta 180
    ch 180
    75 deg.

I tested the copper and iron with a lamotte colorq kit and when I followed the test directions the iron read lo same with copper. So I tried again and this time I shook the test tube and the result was .1. I do have some yellowish tan stains in shallow end of the pool. So I am wondering if I could have iron. Before using a swg I never noticed these types of stains. What do you experts think?
    12k Gal. Kidney IG pool (Built around 1964 screened enclosure?), Tahoe Blue Diamond Brite (Added 12/2007), 1 hp motor, Sta-Rite P2 pump, Hayward C900 paper cartridge filter, Resilience SWG PSC-3 SCC 25 Element, Dolphin Robatic Cleaner, Lamotte ColorQ Pro 11, Taylor K2006C, Lamotte Tracer PockeTester PH/TDS/SAL, purptiger

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Iron in fill water?

Tan stains could be iron or they could be organic staining. If you place a vitamin C tablet on the stain for 30 seconds and it goes away or lightens significantly then it is iron.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School