Pool volume

Sep 2, 2009
Killen, AL
I'm not sure if I'm using the correct # for my volume. 18 deep x 36 wide x 5.5 avg depth ( 3 in shallow and slopes to 8 in deep end) x 7.5(converting from cu ft to gal) = 26730. Then multiply by .85 for sloped walls in deep end = 22,720. Is this correct? I realize this isn't exact but am I in line using 23,000 for my calculations? Thanks and have a great Memorial Day.

That sounds right. Over time you can refine your estimate by watching how chemical additions made based on that pool size behave. If your levels consistently go higher than you intended, the pool is smaller than estimated. If your levels consistently go lower than you intended, the pool is larger than estimated.

Your average water depth might not be quite 5.5 feet. Look at a profile of your pool again (or just eyeball it).

There is usually very little of the surface area that is actually 8.5 feet you might find your average to be a little less.

As Jason said, calculating your chemistry dosages is a good way to get very close.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.