Converting In Ga.

GaGT

May 28, 2010
Hi everyone. I've been reading alot of the posts here on TFP and made the decision to convert from Baquagoo. I started my conversion last Sunday and would have have been done maybe a day or two ago but my Mom has been in the hospital this week so I've been running back and forth.
The only thing I have learned that I didn't see on any posts (probably just missed it somewhere) is if you have stairs, particularly the "wedding cake" type such as I, be sure to remove them from the pool before starting your conversion. My conversion has gone well but just couldn't get across the finish line. I did see something in another post mentioning crooks or nooks that baquacil could be hiding in when I thought about my steps. When I removed them they were caked in slime. Any way here are a few pics of my conversion.
[attachment=2:37lak914]Baquacil Conversion 001.jpg[/attachment:37lak914][attachment=1:37lak914]Baquacil Conversion 002.jpg[/attachment:37lak914][attachment=0]Baquacil Conversion 003.jpg

Attachments

• Baquacil Conversion 001.jpg
    Baquacil Conversion 001.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 797
  • Baquacil Conversion 002.jpg
    Baquacil Conversion 002.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 793
  • Baquacil Conversion 003.jpg
    Baquacil Conversion 003.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 795
A few more pics.[attachment=2:3gc70i04]Baquacil Conversion 004.jpg[/attachment:3gc70i04][attachment=1:3gc70i04]Baquacil Conversion 006.jpg[/attachment:3gc70i04][attachment=0:3gc70i04]Baquacil Conversion 007.jpg[/attachment:3gc70i04]

Attachments

• Baquacil Conversion 004.jpg
    Baquacil Conversion 004.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 789
  • Baquacil Conversion 006.jpg
    Baquacil Conversion 006.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 790
  • Baquacil Conversion 007.jpg
    Baquacil Conversion 007.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 794
I thought in observance of Memorial Day, I'd post a pic of the little soldiers who gave all in my battle against baquagoo. God Bless our men and women in the military special those who truly gave all.[attachment=0:2acozf88]Baqacil Conversion 001.jpg[/attachment:2acozf88]

Attachments

• Baqacil Conversion 001.jpg
    Baqacil Conversion 001.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 1,064
My conversion is complete! Thanks to this forum it was done in 6 days and is crystal clear. My grandkids thank you as they will be swimming this weekend. Armed with the info I learned here I went into my local pool store asking questions and quickly learned how little they know. Thanks Again!

GaGT said:
Have a question. When I put my "wedding cake" steps back in, can I use regular play sand to weight in down or should I use filter sand($$)?
Instead of using bags of sand to weigh down the steps, my husband glued together PVC pipe & endcaps, filled with concrete. No more busted sand bags!!!!
We got the idea on this forum last year. It worked great all last year and is still working this year!!!! :party:
Or: fill some of those empty bleach bottles with rocks & top off with some bleach/water mix. Those have worked well for me, too.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.