My pool is a swamp help!

May 30, 2010
Hello i have recently moved into a house with a an in ground pool. It seems like the house has been vacant for awhile and the pool hasn't been touched for a decade. I have no idea what to do about the pool. The water was tested at a pool store and they said everything looks good. I don't know any of the information i am supposed to give. But we did shock it, backwash, and put that stuff that should make everything go to the bottom to be vacuumed but nothing worked. What should i do and how should i start?

Ok here are my pool results: by the way the pool volume is 14,400
Free Available Chlorine: 0.3
Total Chlorine : 1.5
Combined Chlorine: 1.2
Total Alkalinity (Input): 97
Total Alkalinity(Adjusted): 97
pH level: 7.5
Calcium hardness: 195
cyanuric Acid: 8
copper:0
iron:0
total dissolved solids: 0
saturation index: 0.01

also how would i lower the pH level?
Thanks!

The PH and TA are fine.

The only thing you need to focus on right now is getting your CYA/stabilizer level to 30 and begin to shock the pool.

Continue shocking until your FC holds overnight, your CC is .5 or less and your water is sparkly.

Once you meet these criteria and are done shocking you can finetune any other levels. As mentioned above, you'll need a good test kit :)

Definitely get a good test kit. We got the TF-100 based on Pool School recommendation and it's awesome. Keep shocking and run your filter 24x7. It may not seem like your pool will ever clear up, but it will. Keep an eye on the filter too and backwash it often. We just finally got our swamp cleared and all it took was lots of testing, vacuuming, filtering, and lots of patience. Keep vacuuming the debris on the bottom to waste and scrub the sides daily.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.