Perimeter around the new pool

May 15, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
We just put up our Intex Ultra Frame. We removed the sod and spent much time leveling the ground. Bought 3 12 ml tarps and duct taped them together to make 1 large piece, then put the cheapy Intex tarp on top of that.

We have about 10" extra around most of the pool as we wanted extra room to put in recessed pavers for leg stability. What we have on the outer side of the pavers is dirt. We had to dig down about 4 inches on the high end so there is a drop off.

The tarps look crappy so I have tried to fold them under, but it still looks icky. Thought about just cutting the tarps just a couple of inches beyond the outside ofl where the legs meet the ground---leaving only enough to make sure the pavers are covered. The look of the rough edge of the dirt where we cut in to level looks crude, too. Anyone have any ideas what to do to make it look nicer (without spending a lot of $)? Thanks!

We used to fold the edges of the tarp under, (like under a tent) and then put sand around the edges. You still have to shoot the edges occasionally with weed killer but it used to look ok for the summer. Crushed white rocks would be pretty too, but not cheep. If the sand migrates under the pool its no big deal, rocks under the pool are a pain. Kimrst

I am currently dumping pea gravel around the perimeter of our pool with plastic base to help with weed prevention. Pea stone is much cheaper than marble chips and looks OK. Also good for water drainage.
I wanted to plant shrubs to dress up the area but paranoid about roots, etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.