Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: bottom track spacing?

1. Back To Top    #1

bottom track spacing?

I bought a used 24 foot AG pool that didnt have instructions. is there a standard spacing on the bottom track pieces? iv seen some sights say 1/2" and others dont say at all? Thanks in advance, im sure i will have more question in the future...
    24' x 48" Delair AGP (11,894.40 gal)
    Pentair Tagelus TA60D 24" (325lb) sand filter in tandem
    with Hayward 75 sf. cartridge filter
    Hayward power flo matrix pump 1hp
    Pool rover Jr.
    Taylor K-2006

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: bottom track spacing?

Can you clarify what you mean on spacing? Are you asking about the size of the track itself or the channel gap or ? Each brand may be incrimentally different but I suspect structurally about the same to allow a steel or aluminum wall to fit and slide along it. Our track is about 1" wide and has about 1/4-3/8" channel for the wall to fit into.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

3. Back To Top    #3

thanks for the quick reply. by "spacing" im referring to the gap (if any) in between each track/rail piece where they meet at each plate that hold the up-rites. i am thinking there has to be some gap i just don't know how much. oh, and while im thinking about it, should i use screws in the tabs to keep the track/rails in place? if so, should i put them in before or after the wall is in the track?
    24' x 48" Delair AGP (11,894.40 gal)
    Pentair Tagelus TA60D 24" (325lb) sand filter in tandem
    with Hayward 75 sf. cartridge filter
    Hayward power flo matrix pump 1hp
    Pool rover Jr.
    Taylor K-2006

4. Back To Top    #4

Can you give us some pictures. Some have stops built into the plates to give you a gap. If it don't have holes for screws don't do it.
    1988 Ceder Ridge
    24' Doughboy AGP

5. Back To Top    #5

What brand is the pool? Many of the manufacturers have online manuals
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!