Ok - one quick question....

cherylandco

LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2009
My levels for the last 2 days are:

FC 8
CC .5 (or less - there is just the faintest hint of pink after putting in the "yellow" drops
ph 7.3
TA 70
CH 200
CYA 50

Problem is - about 2 hours after I vaccuum the whole pool, there are pockets of grey stuff on the bottom of the pool. AND even though the pool LOOKS crystal clear from the outside looking in, once you get in and are looking across the pool underwater, it is hazy.

So - the gray stuff. Is it the contaminates in the water after getting bleached out? Or is it an algae?

I scrubbed the whole pool today. Sides and bottom - but did not vaccuum again today.

What would you do now? Shock it again and then vaccuum tomorrow and hope it kills both issues with one stone?

And I see people talking about skimmer socks. How do you attache a pantyhose or sock or whatever to the skimmmer - and especially to the return? I've seen a couple posts about doing that?!

Thanks!!!

Alright - this morning my FC level was 7.5, CC 0 - I assume that means it is not algae? Right? I took a pantyhose kneehigh out and put it on the skimmer as shown in the picture above (thanks for posting that!). Now, when I vaccuum, is there a way to use the pantyhose to filter since that's when you can get that fine stuff? Can you put it in the pump basket by chance? Or just put it on the end of the hose before you put the vacuum head on?

TIA!!!

So, you are saying that your FC dropped from 8 to 7.5 overnight? Then your pool did pass the overnight test :-D

If you have been shocking your pool, your filter may just need time to clear the water.

Continuing to brush the pool will keep it stirred up and will allow the filter to clear it out.

Someone will be along to discuss the skimmer socks and vac'ing :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.