Spent the w/e digging just need to verify something please

GCS

Jul 28, 2008
Ok so I spent yesterday digging a 50 foot 18" deep trench for filtration lines so I could put the filter and pump in an old metal shed I have (man what a ton of work).

Trench has about a 1" layer of fine sand on the bottom and then 2 2" pipes laid in it with properly glued couplers and 90s (trench is an L shape 30' from pool to a right turn and then 15' from there to the shed). Once reviewed by the county I will cover the pipes with more sand and then fill back in with dirt (of course after I verify for leaks).

My question ....

The filter is a Waterco T450 165lb Sand filter with a Waterco Aquarite 2HP pump.
Pool is a 27' Round Above Ground Pool.

Will this pump be able to handle this distance and perform well or do I need something different?

I would also like to add in an SWG system to this as well so please lmk if this would still work with the above equipment

Lastly in your estimation how many hours per day should the pump run?

Thanks

Greg

Well I did some research before I laid the pipe and connectors and read that someone had done the calculations on using regular 90s vs 90 sweepers (I know not the same as 2 45s but its closer) and there was very little difference in rates which is why I just did regular 90s

I could switch out to sweepers but not 45s if it would make any difference.

Greg

I don't believe you'll have any problem. I had a 1HP pump with about that much run before I built my poolhouse, and had no issues.

I would suggest that you carefully measure your couplings from a landmark that won't move. That way if you ever get a leak you can dig them up and not have to hunt for them.

That should be pretty easy as things worked out almost perfect for 10 foot increments -- i.e. from the 90 elbow to the pool to the coupler is 10 feet, then another 10 foot length, then a 3rd 10 foot length then a 90 then a 10 foot length then a 5 foot length then a 90 couple up from the ground to the shed). But good advice.

Greg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.